Admin rights requestGyara
Hello All, after my second one-year administrator access expired, I am planning to request to be given administrator access rights again. My Hausa is still far from perfect but I am able to identify vandalism and you can of course check my admin logs: deletions, blocks and protections. For instance, over the coming months I am planning to delete step by step all the automated translations in this category. After that the Hausa Wikipedia will be more or less cleaned of automated translations and will only have legitimate content. Kindly type "Support" below if you support this. Thank you for your trust, na gode sosai, –DonCamillo (talk) 11:22, 30 Mayu 2019 (UTC)
- Support, - DonCamillo is one of the tireless editors in this wikipedia and was admin before on two occassions, Suppose to have been granted permanent admin role. The Living love (talk) 17:28, 30 Mayu 2019 (UTC)
- Support it is good to heve him as an admiministrator Anasskoko (talk) 11:25, 29 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
- Support hi is well experience Sombody, it's good to have people like him. Musa Vacho77 (talk) 08:29, 1 ga Janairu, 2020 (UTC)
Wikidata Bridge: edit Wikidata’s data from Wikipedia infoboxesGyara
Editing News #1—July 2019Gyara
18:32, 23 ga Yuli, 2019 (UTC)
Update on the consultation about office actionsGyara
Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.
This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.
For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.
Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.
Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team 08:03, 16 ga Augusta, 2019 (UTC)
New tools and IP maskingGyara
14:18, 21 ga Augusta, 2019 (UTC)
Hello Fellows, I would like to inform you that I'm requesting Administrator right access again after the expiration of my first Temporary access, in order to keep what I have been doing to improve the project. Seeing that we still don't have local permanent Admins yet.
- - - -
Barkan mu da ƙoƙari, biyo bayan ƙarewar wa'adi na na Temporary Admin, ina mai sanar daku cewa inason a ƙara bani dama cigaba da samun ikon Admin karo na biyu, kasantuwar bamu da wani Admin daga cikin mu, ko a gaba nin yanzu dama ni kadai ne, kuma yakasance da bukatan mu sami Admins ne daga cikin mu ne. Idan ka goyi baya zaku iya Support a ƙasa ta hanyar rubutu kamar haka → '''Support'''~~~~ Nagode.The Living love (talk) 02:23, 16 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
- Please sign your support here.
- Zaku iya rubuta goyon bayan Ku anan.
- SUPPORT Abubakar A Gwanki (talk) 05:06, 16 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
- SUPPORT Anasskoko (talk) 14:18, 16 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
- Support Engr Muhammad Khamis (talk) 09:39, 18 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
- Support Mohammed Uba (talk) 19:30, 19 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
- Support Aliyu Dahiru Aliyu (talk)
- Support Sami At Ferḥat (talk) 15:19, Support23 Satumba 2019 (UTC)Support[[user:hamxo
Yan uwa WikimedianGyara
Assalamu Alaikum, ina mai farin cikin sanar daku cewa a kullun ina mai kokaren hada kofofi da kuma makuloli a hausa wikipedia, amman kasan cewa ta wanda bai dade ba da farawa ina aika ta korakurai da matsaloli, hakan yana faruwa ne a dalilin kasancewa na sabo da kuma rashin gane wasu abubuwan, amman a kullun ina kara fahimtar kan yanda ake abubuwa, saboda haka ne nake rokon ku Dan Allah in kunga wani kuskure nawa to ku sanar dani, ko ku gyara min, domin inason a min gyara saboda hakan ne zai sa in iya sosai da sosai. Ina bukatar ku naagode. daga naku Anasskoko (talk) 11:21, 20 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
- Maraba kuma barka da ƙoƙari sosai, kamar na fahimci kana amfani da translation tool domin fassara muƙala daga turanci zuwa Hausa, wannan abune mai kyau, amma sai dai har yanzu akwai matsaloli da tool ɗin, na rashin fassara yadda yakamata, da zaka riƙa yin proofreading bayan kayi fassaran don gyara wasu kurakurai, domin wasu fassarar da tool ɗin keyi ba'a ganewa. Dafatan zaka duba ka gani. NagodeThe Living love (talk) 13:53, 26 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just startedGyara
-- Kbrown (WMF) 17:14, 30 Satumba 2019 (UTC)
Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements projectGyara
07:18, 16 Oktoba 2019 (UTC)
Beta feature "Reference Previews"Gyara
-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 09:47, 23 Oktoba 2019 (UTC)
Editing News #2 – Mobile editing and talk pagesGyara
11:12, 29 Oktoba 2019 (UTC)
Wikipedia Watan Asiya 2019Gyara
Hausa ba dabo baceGyara
Ina mai farin cikin sanar da ku cewa; bayan tsawan lokaci nayi tinani akan hanyar da ya kamata mudinga sanar da juna akan Rikir-kitattun kalmomin dake Ruda mu a Hausa Wikipedia a yayin da muke san fassara wata kalma daga Turanci zuwa hausa, sai nagano cewar ya kamata mudinga saka kalmomi masu Sarkakiya a wannan shafin na Kofan al'umma, ta yanda zamu samu fassaran kalmomi da yawa masu Sarkakiya a rubuce, duk lokacin da wani ya gano fassarar wata kalma, sai ya rubuta ta anan, kaga duk wani mai fassara a Hausa Wikipedia zai ringa amfani dasu a yayin da yake kirkiran Makula, hakan zai sa a samu daidaito a tsakanin kowanne Makula. Misalin wata matsala:-Ni ina fassara kalmar Refrence da Diddigin bayanai wasu kuma daga cikin ku suna fassara kalmar da Manazarta ko Anarci, Kunga wannan alama ce dake nuna rashin Daidaito a cikin Harshen Hausa. Saboda haka ina bukatar jin ta bakinku:-
- User:The Living love
- User:Abubakar A Gwanki
- User talk:Aliyu Dahiru Aliyu
Sai ni, a kullun naku User:Anasskoko 09:34, 9 Nuwamba, 2019 (UTC)
- Barka da ƙokari Anasskoko, ina matuƙar jin daɗin yadda kake ƙokarin bada gudunmuwa sosai anan, sai dai dangane da Kalmar "References" da kake ganin ya dace a bata fassara wacce kowa zai riƙa amfani da ita dan samun daidaito, wannan abu ne mai kyau, amma babu makawa fassarar da aka ba References itace "Manazarta", sannan dangane da Kalmar "Sunnah". Idan akace Sunnah ana nufin Akidar mabiya sunnar Annabi(SAW) a duk inda suke a faɗin duniya, ba zaka taɓa jin ankira su da wata suna na daban ba, sai Ahlus-sunnah, wanda sunan akidar itace Sunnah, amma idan kace "Sunna" ba tare da aɗafin h ba, to akwai wannan Kalmar a Hausa, kuma tana da ma'anar ta daban, misali kace, ya sunna shi, wacce ke nufin ya bashi Kuɗi, ko yasa yaji kunya, da dai sauransu. kaga wannan ba ana nufin akidar sunnah bane, kaga domin a bab-banta kowannen su, sai ka rubuta kowace yadda aka santa. Dan koda wani nason yin rubutu akan Kalmar itama ba sai anfara neman hanyar da za'a banbanta su ba.
- -Sai kuma wannan, Idan aka ce "Bankuna a Najeriya", ana nufin Bankuna acikin Najeriya, idan aka ce "Bankunan Najeriya ", ana nufin Bankuna mallakin Najeriya. Haka kuma idan aka ce "Jerin Bankuna a Najeriya" ana nufin Jadawali na sunayen Bankuna dake Najeriya, kamar yadda ake rubutawa da turanci da list of Banks in Nigeria, ko List of Governors of Kaduna state da dai sauransu. Yakamata kasan cewa ƙarancin rubutu ba shi bane kyawun aiki, bada cikakkiyar ma'ana da fahimta yadda kowa zai gane, shine mafi muhimmanci, Yakamata muyi taka tsantsan wurin yin rubutu kai tsaye batare da tuntuɓa ba, muyi tambaya duk abunda bamu gane ba, Yafi muyi ta tafiya akan kuskure kafin daga baya mugane duk kuskure muke yi, wanda hakan na iyasa rashin yadda/amincewa ga editor. Nagode, NakaThe Living love (talk) 01:36, 12 Nuwamba, 2019 (UTC)
- Which one looks more natural:
- Jerin harsuna a Najeriya
- Jerin harsunan Najeriya
Admin rights requestGyara
Hello everyone/Barka da rana,
I had only temporary admin rights here and lost them a while ago. My Hausa is still very little (kadan-kadan) but I believe I can help here. I have a lot of experience in editing Wikipedia (mostly the French version but also this one with 5000+ edits and 1000+ stubs created). I need admin rights to be able, for instance, to finally clean this category, to update the main page, block vandals who are damaging the project, da dai sauransu. If you agree, kindly sign below and express your support. Nagode sosai, –DonCamillo (talk) 08:06, 17 Disamba 2019 (UTC)
- Strong Support, Yes! DonCamillo suppose to be granted permanent Administrator as per this project is, he's been supporting each and everyone of us, he is like a guide here specially in areas where we need improvement and I hope if granted the rights would be able to do more of what he's been doing. Regards. The Living love (talk) 13:17, 17 Disamba 2019 (UTC)
- Strong Support - I support DonCamillo as Administrator again, becouse he have helped Hausa Wikipedia by protecting pages, blocking users, rolling back vandalism, helping new editors learn the ropes, and other important tasks. - Abubakar A Gwanki (talk) 18:16, 20 Disamba 2019 (UTC)
- Strong Support - I strongly agree to grant him the permission, DonCamillo is genarous, honest, and kind, also an expert in editing Wikipedia and other sister projects, if the permission is granted to him, he will work morethan he does, he will develope Hausa wiki with best of his effort. given him permission is part of our success all. Yours Anasskoko (talk) 10:46, 18 Disamba 2019 (UTC)
As you may have noticed, I am on a big drive to categorise articles on Hausa Wikipedia. How can I find uncategorised articles other than repeatedly clicking on "random page"? Sabon Harshe (talk) 16:34, 24 Disamba 2019 (UTC)
- You're welcome to Hausa Wikipedia, I've noticed your effort to the movement we support and I hope you like the place and wanted to stay, here is a link to almost all the important pages you may be wanting SpecialPages.The Living love (talk) 19:17, 24 Disamba 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you for the welcome The Living love. I do hope to stay and contribute long-term. I am in the process of starting new articles about the many different languages and peoples of the Middle Belt (Plateau, Kaduna, Bauchi, and surroundings), so it would help if there could be someone who knows how to translate sentences about linguistics from English to Hausa. Sabon Harshe (talk) 21:28, 24 Disamba 2019 (UTC)
Sannu da zuwa User:Sabon Harshe, dangane da maganan dakayi akan fassaran jumloli, zan taimaka maka wajen ganin cewa na fassara maka kalmomin da kake bukata daga Turanci zuwa Hausa. kasan cewana cikakken bahaushe kuma makaranci Hausa a karamin zango. ka sanar dani a duk lokacin da kake da bukatan fassara. Muna maka marhabun lale da zuwa shafin mu na Hausa Wikipedia. Barka!
- Welcome User:Sabon Harshe, according to your request on sentence tranlation, I will help with a provision of translation from English to Hausa. I'm a native speaker and I study Hausa at a middle level of education. Notify me whenever you need a tranlation, we welcome you to our page Hausa Wikipedia. Welcome!
- Anasskoko (talk) 05:22, 25 Disamba 2019 (UTC)
Sentences to translateGyara
Here are some basic sentences that I would like to translate, use, and adapt for more language articles, and of course for Harshen Mumuye.
- Mumuye is spoken by 400,000 people. = Mutane 400,000 ne ke magana da Mumuye.
- Mumuye had 400,000 speakers in 1993. = Mumuye nada mutane 400,000 masu magana dashi a 1993.
- Mumuye belongs to the Adamawa branch of the Niger-Congo language family. = Mumuye na daga cikin gidan harshen Naija-Kongo na Adamawa
- It is also called Yoro. = Ana kuma kiran sa da Yoro
- Mumuye is spoken in Jalingo town. = Ana magana da Mumuye a garin Jalingo
- It is spoken in Kugong village. = Ana magana dashi a Ƙauyen Kugong
- It is spoken in Adamawa and Taraba States. = Ana magana dashi a Adamawa da Taraba
- In Adamawa state, Mumuye is spoken in Fufore, Ganye, Mayo Belwa, Numan, and Yola LGAs. = A Jihar Adamawa, ana magana da Mumuye a Ƙananan hukumomin Fufore, Ganye, Mayo Belwa, Numan da Yola.
- In Taraba state, it is spoken in Bali, Jalingo, Karim Lamido, Yorro, and Zing LGAs. = A Jihar Taraba, ana magana dashi a ƙananan hukumomin Bali, Jalingo, Karim Lamido, Yorro da Zing
- Makici was an extinct language. = Makici harshen da ya daina wanzuwa ne
- It was spoken in Makici village, Mariga LGA, Niger State. = An taɓa magana dashi a ƙauyen Makici, Ƙaramar hukumar Mariga, Jihar Neja
- The Central Chadic languages are a branch of Afroasiatic languages. They are spoken in Chad and Cameroon. = Manyan harsunan Chadic dangi ne na harsunan Afroasiya. Ana magana dasu a Cadi da Kameru
Word and phrases to translate:
- Dialect (note that this means language variety, like a subset of a larger language group) =
- Branch (or subgroup) = dangi
- Language family = Gidan harshe
- Number of speakers = Adadin masu magana
- Location = Wuri
- Locations = Wurare
- Pronunciation (I have translated this as sauti.) = Furucci ( because sauti is sound)
- Proto-language =
Geography stub sentences (User:DonCamillo, who has been creating many geography stubs, might be able to help out.):
- Tegina is a town located in Rafi LGA, Niger State. = Tegida gari ne dake ƙaramar hukumar Rafi a Jihar Neja
- Makici is a village located in Mariga LGA, Niger State. = Makici ƙauye ne a ƙaramar hukumar Mariga a Jihar Neja
- Makici is a village located near Igwama town in Mariga LGA, Niger State. = Makici ƙauye ne dake kusa da garin Igwama a Ƙaramar hukumar Mariga a Jihar Neja
There is an academic journal called Harsunan Nijeriya (Languages of Nigeria) that is published in Kano. There are many terms in linguistics have been used in Hausa linguistics publications and textbooks. We can make a list of Hausa linguistics words if we can find those books.
- Thank you for the suggestions, it would really help if we can get the published journal, I translated the above sentances and would keep on helping you when you need them. And regarding Hausa wikitionary, We are planning to start a project there, to write 1000key important Hausa language words and their meanings.The Living love (talk) 21:33, 26 Disamba 2019 (UTC)
Google Translate templateGyara
- It is difficult to say, a lot of them have been deleted over the years and I believe there are that many left (except this category, I'm currently cleaning it and should be done soon...). But having a tag would be very useful. We also need one for articles when a part of the content is in English.
- Could a Hausa native speaker translate these two sentences? I can create these templates very easily. Nagode sosai! –DonCamillo (talk) 06:50, 27 Disamba 2019 (UTC)
- "Parts of this article have probably been written using machine translation. Kindly rephrase them or delete them."
- "Parts of this article are not written in Hausa. Kindly translate them or delete them."
Articles to translateGyara
We can also translate these English Wikipedia articles of British linguists who have contributed a lot to Hausa linguistics.
Thanks to User:Abubakar A Gwanki and User:The Living love for their recently article created articles Ut-Ma'in and Shuwa-Zamani, both of which are endangered languages of the Hausasphere. I would generally recommend using the Hausa names provided in Harsunan Najeriya#Sunayen harsuna under the Harshe (sunan Hausa) column. For each Wikipedia language edition, it is generally the standard to use the local exonym (name that the majority ethnic group applies to the local people and language) unless it is derogatory. Language names in Hausa can be identified by the -anci suffix, as with Turanci and Latanci. The names used on English Wikipedia are standard ISO 639 standard names that not Hausa locals may not be familiar with. Ultimately, our goal is to make these articles useful to the Hausa community and hopefully attract more contributors.
Najeriya vs. NijeriyaGyara
- There is no agreement on which form to use, even the most important medias in Hausa don't necessarily use a standardized spelling (BBC uses Najeriya and Nijeriya, for instance...). In general I think it is difficult to choose and different spellings can coexist. Moreover very different spellings are used by people who are also English speakers (in Nigeria) and those who are also French speakers (in Niger, Benin, Cameroun, Chad...). The best way to handle this might be to allow different spellings to coexist, using redirects, mentioning alternative spellings at the beginning of articles... –DonCamillo (talk) 06:42, 27 Disamba 2019 (UTC)
Movement Learning and Leadership Development ProjectGyara
The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.
To learn more about the project, please visit the Meta page. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete this simple Google form. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!
Hausa Photographs coverage intakeGyara
Hello everyone, I wish to inform you that I start uploading pictures that are relevant to Hausa tradition in various aspect, I tend to realize that many pictures in Hausa Wiki are extremely needed, like Hausa;Cuisine, Dressing, Architecture, Art and Cuture, so I struggle up and down with the best of my effort to snap pictures within and around. You can check my contributions in Commons to see if there is any picture which you may desire to include it in Hausa wiki article. Visit my contribution in commons My pictures contribution in Commons. Though the pictures I upload lack some potential qualities due to the device I used, but it can be use for a start. I do hope you will multivate me with piece of advice, guidelines or ask if there is any picture you need within hausa scope and locality that is absent in Commons, which you may desire. please I need to hear from you, dont pass without living a message. Yours Anasskoko (talk) 10:13, 8 ga Faburairu, 2020 (UTC)
- Sarki Shehu idris.jpg
- Shinkafa dafa duka2.jpg
- Sultan bello mosque perspective.jpg
Additional interface for edit conflicts on talk pagesGyara
Sorry, for writing this text in English. If you could help to translate it, it would be appreciated.
You might know the new interface for edit conflicts (currently a beta feature). Now, Wikimedia Germany is designing an additional interface to solve edit conflicts on talk pages. This interface is shown to you when you write on a discussion page and another person writes a discussion post in the same line and saves it before you do. With this additional editing conflict interface you can adjust the order of the comments and edit your comment. We are inviting everyone to have a look at the planned feature. Let us know what you think on our central feedback page! -- For the Technical Wishes Team: Max Klemm (WMDE) 14:14, 26 ga Faburairu, 2020 (UTC)
Editing news 2020 #1 – Discussion toolsGyara
19:24, 8 ga Afirilu, 2020 (UTC)